Tuesday 3 July 2018

Poems of WW1 Part 1

Planes buzz and whirr around me
Only when I open my eyes do I see
Khaki uniforms on the ground
With machine guns spitting out round after round
Silver of Bayonetes
Before the waves and waves of Air Force Jets
Men leaving the safety of the safety of there trenches
Then more run out with hopes
Night finally comes


Now there is one more charge of the West Coast Battalion
As I leave my trench suddenly shouts ring out in Italian
Running foard the man next to me falls
"Forward men" an officer calls
My skin got teared with something cold
I fell to the ground and thought my life had been sold
A purple colored liquid started seeping to the dirt
There was a humongous rip in my shirt
Close to me a bomb landed on a poppy
I waited for it to coppie
But it unfolded
Slowly I reached out to hold it
It had not given up so why should I
Slowly tears sprung to my eye
Stood up and kept running up the hill and got through the enemy lines
There was celebration of all kinds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.