Saturday 12 January 2019

Flying Fungi

If there were 7 different types of mould found in my classroom, it takes 5 days to remove each type of mould and we have to remove one type of mould at a time I would work out how long it would take to have a clean classroom by:
5 X 7 = 35

It would take 35 days to clean the classroom. On the 36th day there would be no mould left.
There are 7 days in a week so it would take 5 weeks to clean the classroom. At the start of the 6th week there would be no mould left.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Andrew,
    I am Vitaraag. I also agree with you. I think that this is simple question. Do you think it is a simple question. This blog post is amazing and needs no change. Keep up the good work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew!

    Oh this looks like it was easy peasy!! What a mathematician! :)
    ...I think it's all that year 11 math you've been doing - times tables are just too simple :)

    Imagine if this did happen - a whole extra month off of school!
    Would you like that or are you looking forward to going back?
    I used to love the school holidays, I never wanted to go back to school (even though I didn't mind school) - It was always nice to say hi to my friends but after that I wanted to be back on holiday! :)

    Hopefully you are looking forward to this year at school Andrew, I am sure your teachers have some amazing things planned already!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A whole extra month off school would be fun, I enjoy school but holidays are better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.