Saturday 23 December 2017

Women's rights in Saudi Arabia

I think it is good that women are getting more rights in Saudi Arabia. Women should be treated the same because we are all humans! Some things I know about this topic are: In 2016 Global Gender Gap Report ranked Saudi Arabia 141/144 for gender parity. A lot of it seems to be because of their religion - Islam. In 2017 King Salman ordered that women would be allowed access to governments services such as education and healthcare without needing a guardian's permission.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Andrew,

    My name is Jordan and I'm the Kootuitui (Papakura, South Auckland) cluster manager. I'm really impressed by your post about Women's rights in Saudi Arabia. I like that you've discovered it is largely tied to their religion. Sometimes it's hard to understand why people do things the way that they do when we don't completely understand their culture.
    I think it's really wonderful that you believe in equality, you sound like a real humanitarian!

    How do you think these women would have felt, having been denied equality for so long and then being granted it? If I was living in Saudi Arabia, I would have felt really proud to be able to witness such a historical moment!

    Keep up the great blogging Andrew ☺

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.