Monday 1 January 2018

My favourite sporting star Jamie Lewis

My sporting hero is Jamie Lewis in the 2018 Darts World Cup. Jamie Lewis is my sporting hero because he came from a Pub darts player to make the semi final of the 2018 World Championship of darts but was beaten by Phil Taylor , the greatest darts player ever. He is a 26 year old Welshman his stage nickname is Fireball and is known as Rasta to his frends because of his love of Bob Marley Music. He uses 23gram dragon darts. He had only earned 18000 pound for the whole of 2017 but earned 85000 pound for making the semi final.

Jamie Lewis (left) is congratulated by Peter Wright after beating him

5 comments:

  1. Wow Andrew I learned a lot from this post! I like Peter Wright’s hair style in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrew!

    This is such an awesome posts! I had never heard about Jaime Lewis, what a cool sports hero!
    You have listed some amazing facts too, I like his nicknames.
    Do you play darts? I enjoy playing but I'm not too good, I think it is a very impressive sport to be good at.
    I can't believe how much money he made! That's such a huge difference from his normal pay, so crazy.

    This was a really great post Andrew, I really enjoyed reading about your sporting hero!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I practice alot up at my dads in Greymouth. I have hit 1 180 and a 162 which is three triple eighteens I hope mum can set me up a darts board in hokitika so I can practise there as well.
    Dad is buying me some of Jamie Lewis's darts which have to come from pWales

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Wow! That's so cool Andrew! ...are the darts your Christmas present?
      Sounds like all the practice is paying off, those sound like awesome scores!
      I am glad you might get to have a dart board in Hokitika too, it would be handy to be able to practice everywhere! I wonder how often Jamie Lewis had to practice?

      Ellee :)

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.