Sunday 14 January 2018

Hairy Maclary visits the farm










Out of the gate and off for a walk went Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's dairy

Dai and Whiskey the farm dogs showed him around

The dogs job is to help move stock

Behind the horses (Nosey, Georgie, Carrot, Monty and Milo) they trotted quite quick into the quarry for a little drink

The horses job is to help get people around the farm

They had a sleep with Chutney the sheep

Sheep produce wool and meat

They felt like a snack but Chocolate the goat preferred to eat oats

Goats tidy up weeds and have nice milk

Now they had to go and get Henry the cow

Cows make lots of milk and some are used for meat

Then Hairy Maclary went home, he'd had a big day on the farm

4 comments:

  1. Hey there Andrew, my name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey programme. Thanks for completing another activity, it's awesome to see that you've been blogging over your summer break.

    I've enjoyed reading this story you have written about Hairy Maclary. Have you read many Hairy Maclary books before?

    I like how in parts of the story you've made it rhyme. It almost sounds like it could be a poem.

    Great job Andrew, keep it up!
    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew!

    I agree with Billy, this is some awesome writing!

    I really liked that you managed to incorporate your own horses into the story too! I am guessing that maybe Dai and Whiskey are also your dogs..? (Is Dai or Whiskey in the photo?)
    The pictures you have added to your post are also really effective, it is cool to see the characters in real life!
    I also think it is really unique the way you have a nice narrative story but you have also been able to tell the reader a little bit more about the animals that Hairy meets along the way - smart!

    This is great work Andrew, really excited to see what you'll post next!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Whiskey in the photo.
      All the animals are real, I had Chutney and Henry to raise and take to pet day. The year after we got 3 goat kids, chocolate is mine.

      Delete
    2. Hey Andrew!

      That's really cool! I think it is really smart that you have all of your own animals in the story (clever cookie!)
      Is the photo also of Pet Day?
      Whiskey looks like a champ of a a dog! My dogs name is Beau but he's pretty lazy for the most part.... :)

      Thanks for filling me in Andrew, I have enjoyed getting to know about your animals!
      Ellee :)

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.