Tuesday 16 January 2018

One day I was walking along the deck of the ship when I heard a loud bang. I started to run as I saw smoke coming from the far end of the ship. I ran towards the room where my patients were waiting to receive treatment from the doctor. Just as I arrived at the door to their room I heard another loud bang and I...

Saw a short man with blonde hair in a black uniform and a pistol he was a Gestapo. He was lying on the ground groaning in pain a bullet in his thigh. Opposite him was a naval soldier wriggling then crying out in pain - the bullet from the German went strait through his arm. Quickly I took the guns and gave them to two Marines that came running in I grabbed a bandage roll and quickly bandaged their injuries. Two British soldiers arrested him and took him to the medical station for POW. Next their was a big bang and the water round the ship exploded. The ship was under assault! I checked on my patients they were fine for now. Bullet racks went off and I fell to the deck because a bullet grazed my head, there was a loud bang and I heard no more. The next week I woke up in a military hospital in Cario!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Andrew, what an awesome story you have written! You include so much descriptive language when you write. It's fantastic, it really paints a clear picture in the reader's mind. It must be so scary being a POW. I like it how you say 'next there was a big bang'. It connects the new idea really well.

    It must have been crazy being nurse during the war and being under attack, especially when all you are trying to do is help people!

    Excellent story, I can't wait to read more Andrew!

    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrew!

    Your story received a special shout-out so I had to come check it out!
    Billy is right this is really great writing - you should be very proud of what you have produced!

    I love how action filled and authentic this story is....sounds like you have done a lot of reading on WW2?
    I think that your patients were pretty lucky to have you taking care of them, sounds like you are pretty quick to action!
    I also can't wait to read more...I feel like this was a teaser for a book! Maybe it's a working project? :)

    Awesome job Andrew!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like writing stories. I'm writing about 10 or 20 at the moment.

      Delete
    2. Hey Andrew!

      Oh my gosh, that is so many stories! So impressive!
      I would love to be able to read your writing.
      What are they about? Do you have anything that you really enjoy writing about?

      Ellee :)

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.