Friday 18 January 2019

The Plastic Pledge

I think that it's a good idea for supermarkets like Countdown to no longer have single use plastic bags available, my family also thinks its a good idea, Mum keeps heaps of reusable bags in the boot of the car so she always has them with her when she goes to the supermarket. It is a good idea because before they made this decision the single use plastic bags were a huge use of plastic. I think the supermarkets should go further though and not provide food (especially produce) wrapped in plastic. The butchery sections could also go back to traditional butchery with customers bringing their own containers and we could have bins for other things - like nuts etc.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Andrew

    You have discussed some great ideas! I work at a supermarket. And Now that we went plastic bagless, I’ve noticed that a lot of people are always forgetting to bring their own bags! Therefore buying more of our 15cent plastic bags.

    I like that your mum keeps a bags in the boot of her car! That’s a wonderful idea.

    I hope our supermarkets also gets rid of the plastic produce wrappers! Baby steps I guess maybe in a few years.I admire your alternative solutions for the butchery!

    keep up the great work!
    He Whetu Koe
    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.