Monday 15 January 2018

In Flanders Fields

I liked the poem, it makes me feel proud and a bit sad.

Some of my family fought in the world wars.

In the first world war my Great Great Grandfather James Milner was an infantryman who finished a Lance Sergent. He served 138 days in the army then he spent 2 years in France - 234 days, discharged on 9th of January 1919.

In the second world war my Great Grandfather Douglas Sullivan was a pilot and my Great Grandfather Andrew Gilbert was in the Navy - he was shipwrecked 7 times!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Andrew, thanks for completing another activity. I am glad to read that you felt both proud and sad after reading the poem, In Flanders Fields. I also had family that serve in the second world war. It certainly makes you feel proud of their accomplishments and sacrifices and also the soldier's families.

    Thanks for posting activities of such high quality.

    Billy

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.