Tuesday 18 December 2018

Fabulous Ferns

Three New Zealand sports teams with the word 'fern' in their name are:

1. Tall Ferns (Basketball)
Link to Photo   Basketball New Zealand   TALL FERNS BEAT DPR of KOREA AT ASIA CUP

Image result for tall ferns basketball

2. White Ferns (Cricket)
Link to Photo Owner of photo: Newsie Photographer: sportsfile/sebdaly
Image result for white ferns
3. Silver Ferns (Netball)
Link to Photo   The Hits   Photo / Getty Images
Image result for silver ferns

My favourite team uniform with the name 'fern' in it is the White Ferns their uniform looks like the Black Caps.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew

    You have done a great jog with this activity. I really like the teams that you have chosen. Did you realise that the first one is the silver ferns and not the tall ferns. You are right about the tall ferns being our basketball team but the photo is the silver ferns.
    Are you a cricket fan? Do you play cricket or just like to watch it?
    I like the watch the 20/20 cricket. This is the most exciting form of the game. I really like it when they hit sixes.

    Remember to attribute your photos when you post them on your blog. This is a link to how to do it. If you copy and paste the link below into your browser it will show you how to do this.


    https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VKjkMGwBrk2YI6Vtmg91OAQljr_T3ZSV6YZtu6MWFNM/edit​

    Keep up the good work Andrew

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allie

    Thank you for telling me, I have fixed it now and put in the attributions that wouldn't work before.
    I haven't seen the Tall Ferns play before but I have watched American basketball and the Sky City Breakers play Australian teams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I play cricket and I also like to watch it.
    My favourite types of cricket are 0DIs and tests.
    My favourite New Zealand players are Trent Bolt and Kane Williamson.
    And my all time favourite New Zealand cricketer is Brendon McCullum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like when a bowler hits the wickets and when the batsmen hit the ball out of
    the stadium.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.