Friday 21 December 2018

Going, going....gone

I am writing this in the last week of New Zealand breathing air.

New Zealand has fresh green grass, lots of dark mountainous evergreen forests that often go right down to the sparkling sea.

When I go for walks I can hear birds chirping often you can see a river or a lake or hear a waterfall.

It is usually a comfortable temperature and doesn't get too hot or too cold but I live on the West Coast of the South Island an it rains quite a lot here.

We have a lot of pests (not native) that are good to hunt and eat like rabbits, deer, goats and pigs. There are also other pests that we try and get rid of but don't eat like possums, stoats and rats.

A lot of our native animals are birds like the shy kiwi (who can't fly and only comes out at night) and fantail (which has a tail that spreads out like a fan and often follow me in the bush when I go for walks) and we also have lizards.

A lot of New Zealand has farms with animals like sheep, deer, cows, goats, horses, chickens and pigs. Most of our animals are farmed outside and it is nice seeing happy animals eating the green grass.

I wish New Zealand wasn't going, I am going to miss my home.


Link to Photo   Backpacker Guide NZ   10 West Coast Must-Dos   Pixabay
Image result for west coast new zealand landscape

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew!

    So sad to say goodbye to all of these things if New Zealand really was going! You have described some really great parts of what makes New Zealand such a special home to have - The beautiful scenery, nature and wildlife.

    Do you have a favourite part about living in New Zealand?
    I think my favourite part might be the outdoors, we have such beautiful bush tracks and areas that have been left uninhabited, I think that is really special!

    Do you like to go hunting Andrew?
    Do you hunt all of those animals? - I don't eat meat anymore but my brother used to go hunting with his old boss and bring us home venison - I thought that was really tasty! Do you like venison too?

    Great work Andrew!
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellee

    Yes, I like going hunting.
    We mainly hunt for deer, I like eating venison.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.