Saturday 22 December 2018

Something Smells Fishy

THE OLDEST KNOWN FISH IN THE WORLD IS A 65 YEAR OLD AUSTRALIAN LUNGFISH - TRUE (BUT FOR A START I FOUND THIS Link to 200 year old fish).

SHARKS ARE THE ONLY FISH THAT HAVE EYELIDS - TRUE (BUT IT'S NOT AN ACTUAL EYELID JUST WORKS LIKE ONE, IT'S A MEMBRANE)

STARFISH ARE A TYPE OF FISH - FALSE

FISH COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER BY MAKING LOW-PITCHED SOUNDS (MOANS, HISSES, ETC.) - TRUE (FOR ONLY SOME TYPES)

FISH USUALLY SWIM TOGETHER IN GROUPS CALLED 'CLASSES' - FALSE (SCHOOLS)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Andrew,

    I'm Evelyn and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey team for 2018-2019 to read and follow amazing blog posts like yours! I am so excited to read what pops into that wonderful brain of yours and hope you are having fun on this journey!

    Wow, I can clearly see that you have done your research to accurately complete this task, what a great start you have made, well done Andrew! You've done a superb job on identifying whether or not those facts are correct. You've even pointed out the fact that a man in Alaska has caught a fish that could be at least 200 years old! I love that you have gone above and beyond and written the correct answers or explanations beside each statement. Speaking of eyelids and membranes, I've got another fact for you that's true: Did you know that camels have three eyelids? THREE! I think that's insanely crazy! Which fact did you find the most interesting?

    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.