Monday 14 January 2019

Let it Rain

Acid rain fell for 3 days and 3 nights, I was stuck inside all that time. When it stopped on the morning of the fourth day I opened the door and went outside. It still looked like it was slightly drizzling so I stood under the car port and watched until it had stopped properly then I went for a walk. I saw heaps of trees with leaves turning brown and some were already falling, there were big puddles on the ground. I walked to the beach and saw dead shellfish and there were also a few dead birds. The grass  around the roads looked like it was struggling to get enough nutrients and I wondered if the trees could get enough water. I remembered how the acid rain looked out the window when it was falling, sometimes it was a gentle drizzle and other times it looked like snow. I started to wonder what would happen to our farm so I ran home to find out. I searched on the internet and found out that our farm grass and crops should hopefully be ok because the fertilizer and lime we put on will help keep nutrients in the soil. I went back outside to look at the house and saw some of the stone had been corroded by the acid rain. I climbed to the top of the hill and looked out as far as I could see, I hoped we wouldn't ever get acid rain again!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Andrew,
    I am Vitaraag. If acid rain fell for a long time I also would want it to never go again. Your description made me think acid rain sounds like real acid. Is it real acid?

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Andrew

    Awesome to see you are blogging above and beyond!
    This is awesome! I really enjoyed reading your story! I hope it never acid rains in NZ your story sounds deeply saddening, the saddest part was when you said “ I walked to the beach and saw dead shellfish and there were also a few dead birds”

    keep up the great work!
    He Whetu Koe
    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.